1. The reason why we should pay attention for wiring.
Caution should be exercised in the cable which is used for wiring (input/output line) of the power supply. There is a very low resistance in the electric cable and it causes a problem often. If the current flows through the cable, the resistance causes voltage drops and electric energy is transformed into heat, which raises the temperature of the cable.
For the above reasons, please wire a power supply with short and thick cables.
2. The required thickness of cable depends on a current value (reference value).
|No.||AWG No.||Cross-section Area
|Line voltage drop per 1A
|Max current (Ta=40℃)
UL1015 (600V 105℃)
* According to the data provided by cable supplier
- It is not good for heat dissipation if bundling up the cables.
Please keep 80% derating of rated current when bundling up 5 or more cables.
- The cable has inductance ingredients besides resistance ingredients.
Therefore, please wire a power supply with short and thick cables.
- The voltage drops at remote sensing cable should be 0.3V or less
(if using remote sensing function).
Technical Product-related Inquires