The pulse load means changing the current like the pulse. For example, motor for printer, print head, LED display, HDD, FDD and so on. There is no problem if the peak current is the rated current or less.
[ How to draw pulse/peak current ]
Basically, the power supply can not flow the output current which exceeds the rated current continuously. However, it is possible to flow the peak current when peak current time is short.
(1) The case that the peak current time is several us
The peak current will be able to be flowed from the internal capacitor of the power supply. Please contact us about detail.
(2) The case that the peak current time is from several us to several ms
It will be possible to flow the peak current if the external capacitor is installed. The capacitance of the external capacitor can be calculated by the following formula.
- *)Please consider the rated ripple current of the external capacitor.
- *)Output current should meet the following.
(3) The case that the peak current time is several ms or more
There are power supplies that can flow the peak current which is approximately 1.5 times for 10 seconds. However, the average current should be the rated current or less. Please contact us about detail.
Technical Product-related Inquires